Do you need to establish:
- How has the damage to a crucial vehicle component occurred?
- Did the damage occur during the accident, or at some earlier stage?
- Is the damage likely to have caused inability to control the vehicle?
- Should the driver or operator have been aware of the damage?
- Has there been malicious damage to the component?
Primary Safety (items that affect control of the vehicle)
- Tyres & Wheels
- Trailer couplings
Secondary Safety (items that protect the vehicle occupants)
- Seat belts and pre-tensioners
Other (items that provide conspicuity or information for the driver)
- Light bulbs
- Speedometers and other instruments